If you are readying this BLOG entry, please note this BLOG post will not have a comprehensive review of High Speed Sync (HSS). When the video tutorial is released it will contain all those details. So if you are here for that, please stop reading and watch the video tutorial when it's released.
Now for those of you who are still readying this BLOG entry, please be aware it will give you a brief overview of what topics I covered in the video tutorial and acknowledgement of the team that helped put this tutorial together.
Lets begin, I decided to do this tutorial Tuesday November 15th, 2016 while I was in New York. I have seen quite a few videos on this topic and a great deal of them were helpful. However, I always found that a few points were missing which I had to research. For example, I wanted to know who created High Speed Sync (HSS), what problems were they trying to solve, how does the technology work and is it the only technology out there.
Once I made the decision to move forward with the tutorial I needed a model, an expert on the topic of HSS, my business partner and an assistant.
- I reached out to Ashley Denton the most down to earth model to help me with this tutorial and she said yes. Please be sure to check out our previous photoshoots.
- My next step was getting the expert on HSS and that was James Thomas. He has a wealth of knowledge about photography gear and he was generous to let me borrow his Profoto B1 lights for this video tutorial.
- Since I was in NY I didn't know what my business partner schedule was, so I reached out and I ask him if he was available and thankfully he was, as we can't have a video tutorial without video.
- An assistant is very important to me as they help make the photo session run very smoothly and Mike was awesome on the day of the photo session.
- Lastly, for this video tutorial I reached out to Chenee Jones the night before the photo session and I ask her if she can work her magic with respect to the makeup and I am very thankful that she said yes because we all had a blast.
In the video tutorial we covered Flash Sync, High Speed Sync (HSS), HyperSync & Hi-Sync (HS). All these technologies and techniques were confusing to me and every video tutorial I watched never did fully answered all the questions I had, so I research the topic myself to ensure I fully understood the technology. Once I had an understanding of all the various technologies then it give me a better appreciation for HSS and more importantly I knew when and not to use High Speed Sync.
I want to give a big thank you all that were involved in putting this video tutorial together.
If you would like to attend one of my workshops, please join our meetup group and check for the next available workshop. If you don't see any upcoming workshops just contact me directly and we put something on the calendar.
If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family. Also, please click the heart button and/or post some feedback below.